Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WIP Wednesday

 
Not too much to look at this week, but first up is the Demanlangeni Shawl just barely started, but done the cast on of 378 stitches which is the worst part.  It's one of those triangular/crescent-shaped shawls that has a lace border and short-row main section, but I love the way the short-row section has some texture to it, rather than just plain stockinette.  This is my first project for the 14 in 2014.
 
 
Next up is a little baby cardigan, made with Knit Picks Dancing, which they don't make anymore.  I may be making more baby stuff out of sock yarn since it's so durable and I have so much of it.  We'll see... definitely not as quick as knitting with DK or worsted weight.

 
Last up is my second project for the 14 in 2014 and I've finally found a use for my Eros stash.  I hate knitting with this stuff by itself, you need really pointy needles and you need to make sure to catch both strands of the ladder every time.  However, knit with some wonderful Rowan wool/silk, not so bad.  This will be my first Honey Cowl.

 
With any luck and some NFL playoff knitting, I should have all 3 done by the end of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment